If you have high cholesterol level and you are more than 40 years old you can take part to the clinical trial of Brumechol!
The primary outcome of the study is the reduction of total cholesterol in blood after the administration of Brumechol for three months in patients with slight hypercholesterolemia. At the same time, will be evaluated new biological markers associated with this clinical condition.
- Your attendance is free and your privacy will be fully respect in every stage of the trial. If you want you can give up in every moment.
- You will help scientific and clinical research in the prevention of cardiovascular disease.
- A medical equipe guided by a cardiologist will follow you for all the trial period.
During the recruitment there will be a screening visit with blood sample (10 ml) to check the inclusion criteria (total cholesterol, kidney function, liver function, TSH and glycemia).
During enrollment you will be subjected to:
- Cardiological visit with data collection about anamnesis, objective clinical examination (cardiovascular, respiratory and abdominal evaluation);
- ECG and evaluation of cardiovascular risk according to the European score chart;
- evaluation of height, weight, waist circumference and hips and blood pressure Chemico-clinical examination of a blood sample (20 ml) (blood count, kidney function, liver function, CPK, myoglobin, total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, LpA, triglycerides, electrolytes, glycemia) and storage of the biological samples (plasma, serum, buffy coat only for patient that give the consensus for genetic exam) used for the scientific research.
- Test IPAQ (International Physical Activity Questionnaire).
Two follow up moments were planned one after six weeks and the other after twelve weeks, at the end of the treatment period. You will be subjected to the same clinical exams as enrollment every time.
To participate to the study or to get more informations call INRCA Institute of Ancona, cardiology operational unit, at 071.8003109 from 9:00 to 12:00 o clock, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.